PARK is located in the chapel of the former Maria Goretti House and is participating in Open Monument Day 2023. This year's theme is 'Living Heritage; If monuments could talk'. There is a special focus on monuments on Wilhelminapark, which celebrates its 125th anniversary this year.
In 1900, the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus came to Tilburg. In a small house on Sint Annaplein, they founded a shelter for 'abandoned children'. In 1912, they moved into a convent on Wilhelminapark with the name Sint Josephshuis Sint Anna. In 1950, the name was changed to Maria Goretti House. The children attended nursery and primary schools in various Tilburg parishes. In 1957, the children's home got a kindergarten and in 1963 a new convent building was opened next to it. Both designs were by Jan Remmers. The old convent complex was demolished. The nuns left in 1972, after which lay people took over.
PARK exists 10 years and the anniversary exhibition 'X' kicked off on Saturday 9 September. PARK is open on this Sunday 10 September from 1 to 5pm, admission is free.