1900 - 1912
In the early 20th century, the Harmonie Orpheus in Tilburg was very popular. Back then, there were no big festivals, so a small concert in a kiosk was attended by hundreds of people and was seen as a real event. The brass band often played in the kiosk in Wilhelminapark. In January 1900, the members' meeting decided to build an association hall in Wilhelminapark. The harmony inaugurated its new society premises at Wilhelminapark on Sunday 19 August with a large concert-matinée and an afternoon concert by the symphony orchestra. From 1910, this house number was Wilhelminapark 54.
The complex was publicly auctioned on 30 April 1906 by order of creditors. In 1912, the harmony returned to the society but not for long: shortly afterwards, the building was sold to the Carmelite nuns of the Divine Heart of Jesus.
1912 - 1972
In 1900, the Carmelite nuns came to Tilburg. In a small house on Sint Annaplein, they founded a shelter for 'abandoned children', children from disrupted families. In 1912, they moved into a convent on Wilhelminapark with the name Sint Josephhuis Sint Anna. The nuns built a new children's home with living quarters and bedrooms and converted the neighbouring Orpheus harmony hall into a chapel, the current PARK.
After that, there was constant building and renovation. In 1936, for instance, the municipality granted a permit to build a castle chapel for the sisters, based on a design by construction firm C.P.A. van Herk. The Carmelite nuns bought the adjacent building and had it converted into a recreation hall and children's playroom in 1948. In 1950, the name was changed to Maria Goretti House. In 1957, the orphanage got a kindergarten and in 1963 a new convent building was opened next door. Both designs were by Jan Remmers. The old convent complex and the former Orpheus society were largely demolished. The first lay people arrived in 1966. The Carmelite nuns would stay here until 1972, after which their work was completely taken over by these lay people. In 1983, the children's home would close for good.
1982 - 2013
Ten young Tilburg artists sought a space with studios in Tilburg in the early 1980s to work together and present themselves to the outside world. Stichting ENNU was housed in Wilhelminapark 53 from 1982. Among the initiators were ceramist Guido Geelen, photographer Korrie Besems and painter Nan Groot Antink. They were able to rent the former chapel of Maria Goretti House, refurbished the spaces together and organised occasional exhibitions there.The foundation occupied the building until 2010. At the beginning of 2010, Stichting Ateliers Tilburg took over the Wilhelminapark 53 and 54 buildings, most of the former Maria Gorettihuis, on behalf of the Tilburg municipality.
2013 - present
In early 2013, the PARK Foundation was established and since that autumn, exhibitions and many related activities have been organised continuously in the former chapel space at Wilhelminapark 53.